BIG Light Vintage Zildjian 22” Light Crash Ride 2626 g Complex Full Crash
Original price $329.99 - Original price $329.99
$329.99 - $329.99
Current price $329.99
- This is a fascinating Vintage 22” - it’s nowhere near your typical Zildjian Ping Ride or Rock Ride. This 22” plays like a true Medium LIGHT RIDE or MEDIUM THIN FULL CRASH RIDE.
- Hell it can even be a straight up 22” Medium Thin Crash.
- Extremely Full Crash or Crash Ride - perfect for the 1960s or 1970s tone! But play it lightly and it has a dancing, airy complexity that percolates.
- Classic Vintage Zildjian lathing. It has a bit more airiness and complexity than most 22s”.
With a 2626 gram weight it lives in the Medium Thin Ride to Medium Thin Crash range for a 22”, but it has a light, mellow semi-bright attack that is followed by a soft and subtle, fairly complex wash.
- What’s amazing is that you can play this big 22” very, very lightly and softly and it still sings. The dynamic range on this one is amazing.
- Extremely well balanced with light leanings.
- When you open up on it and crash, it unleashes a torrent of old school Medium Crash tone - perfect as a big Crash, or great for Crash accents when you‘re playing at lower volumes and just need a punch.
- Fantastic 6” bell is incredible for rock, but pull out to the plain and you have one hell of a great Light Jazz or Blues Ride.
- Again, this is an incredibly versatile 22” - you don’t find a cymbal that can go from 1 - 10 and remain musical often.
- Amazing shape. No issues. Gorgeous 4 decade old golden patina.
- Wonderfully versatile 22” from the golden age of both rock and jazz.