BIG Light 1960s Vintage Zildjian 22” Light Crash Ride 2640 g
Original price $329.99 - Original price $329.99
$329.99 - $329.99
Current price $329.99
- This is a fascinating Vintage 1960s 22” - it’s nowhere near your typical Zildjian 60s Ping Ride or Rock Ride. This 22” plays like a true Medium LIGHT RIDE or MEDIUM THIN CRASH RIDE.
- Extremely Full Crash Ride - perfect for the 1960s tone! But play it lightly and it has a dancing, airy complexity that percolates.
- Classic 1960s Zildjian lathing. And this one actually IS Hand Hammered. It has a bit more airiness and complexity than the later era models.
With a 2640 gram weight it lives in the Medium Thin Ride to Medium Crash range for a 22”, but it has a light, mellow semi-bright attack that is followed by a soft and subtle, fairly complex wash.
- What’s amazing is that you can play this big 22” very, very lightly and softly and it still sings. The dynamic range on this one is amazing.
- Extremely well balanced with light leanings.
- When you open up on it and crash, it unleashes a torrent of 1960s Medium Crash tone - perfect as a big 60s Crash, or great for Crash accents when you‘re playing at lower volumes and just need a punch.
- Fantastic 6” bell is incredible for rock, but pull out to the plain and you have one hell of a great Light Jazz or Blues Ride.
- Again, this is an incredibly versatile 22” - you don’t find a cymbal that can go from 1 - 10 and remain musical often.
- Amazing shape. No issues. Gorgeous half-century old golden patina.
- Wonderfully versatile 22” from the golden age of both rock and jazz.