THE FAMOUS Vintage Zildjian EAK K Heavy Ride 20” 2652 g DARK DRY GADD
Original price $399.99 - Original price $399.99
$399.99 - $399.99
Current price $399.99
- Here’s a famous cymbal….
- I absolutely love EAKs! They are fantastic instruments and a piece of cymbal history that you can actually PLAY!
- Don’t pay more for a big box store K. This is the Hand Hammered First Series American K! And it’s Dark with a pinch of complex liveliness to it.
- The Original 40 year old Zildjian EAK 20” Heavy Ride in fantastic shape!
- Dark. Dry. Supreme definition. Low pitched. Cuts exceptionally well. Steve Gadd vibes all day.
- And dig that craftsmanship. Wavy surface, very fine, leaving with the gradually sloped bell. Telltale 80s EAK.
- This particular 80s EAK Heavy Ride is a pinch thinner than others and has a bit more breath and body to it.
- Weighing in at a lovely 2652 grams this EAK plays like a DARK Medium to Medium Heavy Ride. The tone of the bell is remarkably solid-especially for an EAK. It's slightly integrated and cuts extremely well. As you migrate down to the plain of the cymbal, you get a strong chime-like prominent definition followed by a medium low, dark wash that is controlled but still present.
- The attack is solid and as far as EAKs for, this one is fairly DRY with a hint of Hand Hammered brilliance to it.
- A perfect blend of warmth, dryness, organic tone with terrific stick articulation followed by a subtle slightly complex wash.
- Steve Gadd famously used these for years! And you can tell. That’s the sound.
- Perfect for anything low to loud. This 20” has no problem cutting but remains dark and musical in softer settings.
- No issues. Hard to find. Gorgeous 4 decade old golden patina mellow and dries it beautifully!
- Playable. Collectible.