BIG LIGHT AIRY 1960s Vintage Zildjian 22” Crash Ride 2668 g
Original price $299.99 - Original price $299.99
$299.99 - $299.99
Current price $299.99
- This is a fascinating Vintage 1960s 22” - it’s nowhere near your typical Zildjian 60s Ping Ride or Medium Ride. This 22” plays like a true LIGHT RIDE or MEDIUM THIN CRASH RIDE.
- This 22” actually sounds like it has rivets in it - even though it doesn’t. That’s what I mean - light and airy tone.
- It is one of the nicest sounding, complex, airy 22s” you will hear from the 1960s. Part of it is because this 50-year-old 22” has a nice, umbrella-shaped profile that gives it a bit more spread than your average Medium Ride.
With a 2668 gram weight it lives in the Medium Thin Ride to Medium Crash range for a 22”, but it has a light, mellow bright attack that is followed by a soft and subtle, fairly complex wash.
- What’s amazing is that you can play this big 22” very, very lightly and softly and it still sings. The dynamic range on this one is amazing.
- Bright but light.
- When you open up on it and crash, it unleashes a torrent of 1960s Medium Crash tone - perfect as a big 60s Crash, or great for Crash accents when you‘re playing at lower volumes and just need a punch.
- Fantastic 6” bell is incredible for rock, but pull out to the plain and you have one hell of a great Light Jazz or Blues Ride.
- Again, this is an incredibly versatile 22” - you don’t find a cymbal that can go from 1 - 10 and remain musical often.
- Great shape. Slight wear around the center hole (because someone played it a lot because it’s damn nice) lovely light 50-year-old patina.
- Wonderfully versatile 22” from the golden age of both rock and jazz.