VERY DARK DRY 1960s Vintage Zildjian 22” Crash Ride 2734 g
Original price $369.99 - Original price $369.99
$369.99 - $369.99
Current price $369.99
- This is one of the driest, darkest Zildjian 22s” you will hear!
- This is an incredible sounding Vintage 1960s 22” - it’s nowhere near your typical Zildjian 60s Ping Ride or Medium Ride. It’s much darker and drier than nearly any Vintage Zildjian I’ve heard.
- 2734 grams - absolutely amazing straight up stick attack with a very quick decay. Have a listen!
- With this gram weight it plays like a Medium Thin Dark Ride or Dry Crash Ride. The metal has aged over 50 years and it feels soft and very played it.
- Lower profile gives this brooding beauty a low pitch and overall very dark overtones.
- It’s even slightly bendable - which is damn near impossible to find on a 1960s Zildjian in this weight range. It’s really mellowed and aged.
- What’s amazing is that you can play this big 22” very, very lightly and softly and it still sings. The dynamic range on this one is amazing.
- When you open up on it and crash, it unleashes a very dark and super low-pitched crash! But what’s unique about this one - that crash tone is DRY! Very organic and dry. That’s almost impossible to find.
- Great for Crash accents when you‘re riding at lower volumes and just need a punch.
- Fantastic 5.5” bell is that is solid for such a dark cymbal.
- Played-in but no real issues. One hell of an amazing patina! Very dark. Some surface wear and tape residue on the underside - I wouldn’t touch a thing. This 22” sounds anointed.
- Again, this is an incredibly versatile 22” - you don’t find a cymbal that can go from 1 - 10 and remain musical often.
- Don’t pay more for a modern “vintage homage” cymbal masquerading as old timey.
- This is one of the nicest dark, dry Real Deal Zildjians you’ll hear.