EARLY DRY Zildjian K CUSTOM Medium Ride 22” 2764 g Smooth Light Sizzle Complexity
Original price $349.99 - Original price $349.99
$349.99 - $349.99
Current price $349.99
Early nearly 30 year old Zildjian K Custom Medium Ride in the generous-sized 22”.
- Don’t spend $530 on a stock photo and a guess. Hell this beauty is one of the EARLY K Custom Mediums with a different hammering and lathing.
- Befriended by Father Time, this 22” K Custom is one of the drier ones you will hear. The last 3 decades have mellowed and aged it beautifully.
- 2764 grams - plays like a Dry Medium Thin to Medium. Primed for 6 rivets in the classic vintage configuration , outfitted with four. Controlled with a subtle, light wash.
For this series, this 2764 gram 22” K Custom is a fantastic blend of strong stick attack mixed with a gorgeous dark and slightly complex tone.
- These Early K Customs have a different tone.
- Famously Lathed top, unlathed Brilliant finish underside, and that gives this K Custom Medium a terrific stick attack. Half lathed and half unlathed. A perfect balance of attack and wash.
- Being the 22” this is cymbal is much darker and lower pitched than the smaller 20” brother. These 22s” are not that easy to find.
- Extremely solid and cutting Bell that had no problem cutting through a mix.
- If you want a K that has a terrific cutting attack but remains dark and smooth with a light earthy-ness, here you are.
- No issues. Aged magnificently over 30 years. No need to spend $530 on a big box store Zildjian and then wait 30 years for it to mellow.