SEMI DRY Light 1960s Vintage Zildjian M Thin Crash Ride 22” 2766 g
Original price $349.99 - Original price $349.99
$349.99 - $349.99
Current price $349.99
- This is a fascinating Vintage 1960s 22” - it’s nowhere near your typical Zildjian 60s Ping Ride or Medium Ride. This 22” plays like a Semi-Dry Medium Light Ride.
- It crashes like a HUGE FULL Crash Ride, but has a terrific Semi-Dry stick attack that has a light airiness to it.
With a 2766 gram weight it lives in the Medium Thin Ride or Crash Ride range for a 22”, but it has a light, mellow attack that is followed by a soft and subtle, slightly complex wash.
- Beautiful 1960s super fine lathing on the underside. Thin edges.
- What’s amazing is that you can play this big 22” very, very lightly and softly and it still sings. The dynamic range on this one is amazing.
- When you open up on it and crash, it unleashes a torrent of 1960s Medium Crash tone - perfect as a big 60s Crash, or great for Crash accents when you‘re playing at lower volumes and just need a punch.
- Fantastic 6” bell is incredible for rock, but pull out to the plain and you have one hell of a great Light Jazz or Blues Ride.
- Again, this is an incredibly versatile 22” - you don’t find a cymbal that can go from 1 - 10 and remain musical often.
- Great shape. No issues. Beautiful 50 year old golden patina. Mellowed. Dried.
- Wonderfully versatile 22” Zildjian from the golden age of both rock and jazz.