ORIGINAL 1980s Zildjian EARLY K Custom DRY Ride 20” 2826 g CLEAN
Original price $339.99 - Original price $339.99
$339.99 - $339.99
Current price $339.99
- Here’s the 3 decade old ORIGINAL K CUSTOM DRY - back when Zildjian was experimenting with their brand new K line. This was one of the first K Customs they introduced. It looks a little EAK - ish. That kind of wavy hammered surface.
- And this particular one is SUPER CLEAN for being 30 years old!
- This is the first truly DRY K Zildjian produced - long before all the various offshoots we see today. And everyone played these K Customs back in the day too.
- Check out the craftmanship on THIS beauty! That ain't the modern K Custom Dry Ride.
- The surface is slightly wavy from all the deep and heavy hammering. And the hammering looks more random! And the bell is more rounded over and subtle. It looks a bit more like a Hand Hammered cymbal.
- Weighing in at a lovely 2826 grams this Early K Custom Dry Ride plays like a medium-medium heavy ride-but it's DRY. As you can see, it is unlathed, raw, hammered. The bell is strong-but it's a different shape than the modern K Dry Ride. It projects quite well and it slightly integrated. As you migrate down towards the plain, the cymbal opens up a bit - more than most of the newer models. However it's obviously still very dry sounding. The wash is subtle and remains very controlled but it has a bit more body than most in the series.
- Tons of straight up stick definition with a very controlled 80s K wash that dissipates quickly. That is this beauty.
- Dry. Very dark. Earthen. Organic. Raw. Extremely focused stick attack that cuts a mix with ease. Still musical in a quiet setting.
- Extremely clean and harder to find. A hell of a lot of fun to play the 30 year old original from Zildjian’s first foray into the K Customs. The rest is history.