DRY 1970s Vintage Zildjian PING Ride 20” 2850 g FOCUSED Attack
Original price $199.99 - Original price $199.99
$199.99 - $199.99
Current price $199.99
- Remarkably DRY sounding Vintage Zildjian with a simply fantastic stick attack and articulation.
- This beauty is the 1970s incarnate.
- This is a straight-up Vintage Zildjian 1970s A 20” Ride and it has all the hallmark bright, aggressive pinpoint definition tone you would expect from the rocking 70s PING RIDE. Father Time has faded the logos but it has the profile and sound of the famous Ping.
- But again, this particular one is DRY and focused, compliments of the last 40 years.
- PING for days! And with a CUTTING bell too and that downwards flanged Ping edge for a bit of projection.
- Cuts your guitarist’s ego in half. Penetrates a mix.
- Weighing in at a healthy 2850 grams, this 20" has a Medium Heavy constitution-exactly what you would expect from a 70s Zildjian Ping.
- The attack is tight end aggressive and remarkably PING-Y! The tone is dry and semi-bright and very focused. The pitch is medium and cuts superbly and the overtones gravitate toward the high end which yields a great cutting attack.
- The bell is very solid and cuts extremely well like a Rock Ride.
- It sounds like a DRY PING RIDE. Amen to that!
- Crash Ride on the edge for a massive wall of white noise that’s like you’re in Black Sabbath.
- Classic Vintage 70s tone that’s heard so often it’s in our subconscious.
- Much more dry attack than most.
- No issues. The terrific four-decade-old heavy patina that focuses it beautifully.
- Vintage As are a joy to play. And this Zildjian is from the heart of the Classic Rock Era!