Hard to Find SMOKY Istanbul Mehmet 24” LEGEND DARK Ride 2934 g
Original price $439.99 - Original price $439.99
$439.99 - $439.99
Current price $439.99
- Here’s one of the nicest sounding dry, smoky TWO FOOTERS you will hear. And hardly anyone actually has this beauty!
- No need to spend $680 on Zildjian K Light 24” that is no where near as dark and musical as this rare 24”
- This Istanbul sounds like a 60-year-old cymbal.
- Istanbul’s LEGEND Series (also known as the MEL LEWIS Series) is, well, legendary.
- It has long been one of Agop and Mehmet’s best-selling series. It put them on the map 30 years ago.
- Mehmet expanded the series and this LEGEND DARK is one of my favorites. As you can see it has a wide-lathed, alternate gold and brown top side - like a Turk mixed with a Traditional, while the underside is fully lathed like a Traditional or regular Legend series. Very Agop Sig Ish. Or Bosphorus New Orleans but darker.
- The result is a stunning, semi-dry stick attack with a smoky, organic, fairly complex wash - but that wash dissipates fairly quickly for a big 24”.
- The bell is strong but also a bit above a mini-bell, giving this glorious 24” great control!
- At 2934 grams, this 24” is very responsive and easily crashable.
- Exceptionally musical - generous playing field. You can pull out myriad tones depending on where you strike it.
- Massive, lush mallet rolls and crashes! THINNER EDGES.
- Semi-dry. Organic. Dark. Smoky Fairly complex. Medium quick decay for a 24”. Easily crashable.
- Immaculate. Only played for the video.
- One of the most beautiful looking and sounding 24s” you will encounter!