35 YR Old Vintage Zildjian K 22” Flat Ride Sizzle 3086 g FOCUSED CHIMELIKE ATTACK
Original price $369.99 - Original price $369.99
$369.99 - $369.99
Current price $369.99
- The famous Zildjian 80s K!
- This rare 22” is from the first few years when Zildjian brought back their K Series with a little bit of help from Tony Williams!
- This is as close as Zildjian gets to the famous Roy Haynes Chick Corea “Now He Sings Now He Sobs” Paiste 602 Flat Ride. Clean straight up stick attack but lower in pitch than the Paiste because this is a generous sized 22”.
- A tight and focused sounding Rare K Flat 22” from the first few years American K's were created.
- The absence of a bell controls the overtones and volume in a Flat Ride, and that is exactly the case of this nearly four-decade-old K.
- Weighing in at 3086 grams, and of course, being a Flat Ride, this 22” delivers a fantastic, tight, and very focused chime-like attack. It has a bit of a glassy shimmer to it, like the Paiste 602 Flat, but this penetrates a mix better than the thinner Paistes.
- The cleanest pin-point stick attack you will ever hear from a Zildjian. Outfitted with 5 brass rivets for a light and subtle rain-on-the-roof sizzle. Leave them in or remove them to your liking. But it sounds amazing right now.
- Typical light wear, no issues, golden 35-year-old patina, classic telltale 80s craftsmanship. Wavy surface in that classic 80s way.
- Unique, very defined tone. Perfect as a Main Ride or Left Side Sizzle.
- You can’t get this tone from Zildjian anymore, you haven’t been able to for decades.