HUGE DARK 24” Vintage 1960s Zildjian Ride 3422 Smoky Low
Original price $449.99 - Original price $449.99
$449.99 - $449.99
Current price $449.99
- This 60 year old 2 foot Zildjian is one of the nicest beauties out there.
- It’s dark, smooth, lower pitched, and has a great stick attack but still keep a smokiness to it. It’s a stunning 24” A.
- This is what we wanted the 24” K Light Ride to be! But to be fair, this beauty has the advantage of 6 decades of aging behind it.
- This Zildjian inhabits that estuary where Classic Rock drummers like Mitch Mitchell and Ginger Baker were playing beautiful JAZZ cymbals because that’s who their heroes were.
- This right here is the vibe. It’s a 24” but it’s VERY DARK sounding and could easily be a Main Ride for jazz or Big Band.
- Brian Blade vibe all day! It plays and feels lighter than the gram weight. It has a Medium Thin playability to it.
- Great light, shimmering smoky wash, generous playing field. Majestic bell!
- You can get different tones depending on where you play it. The bell is solid and piercing and has no problem projecting off stage. As you migrate down to the plain you get a Sweet and smoky attack and definition that is so familiar to the ears. And when you pull all the way back to that edge it unleashes a WALL of white noise thunderous CRASH RIDE.
- Again, being an over half-century-old Zildjian A, this 24” does make great jazz or Big Band Ride too. It’s dark and mellowed and dried out over the last 60 years. It has that classic A tone but being the rare 24” it is much darker and lower-pitched than a 20” or even 22” and can easily be a soulful jazz ride.
- And it has great light and glassy shimmer when played delicately. Chime-like with a mellowed stick attack and darker overtones swimming about.
- It’s no surprise this 24” covers a lot of bases - it’s a 60-year-old Zildjian A!! All those great rocks, soul, and jazz albums were done on Vintage Zildjian As.
3422 grams. The gorgeous 5-decade old patina that mellows it. The Real Deal.
- A glorious cymbal to explore and a real head-turner. This is a stand out 60s A!