DRY 1970s Vintage ZILDJIAN 22” PING Ride 3502 g Smooth Clean Attack
Original price $299.99 - Original price $299.99
$299.99 - $299.99
Current price $299.99
- Why the hell go $350 deep on a new puny-sized Zildjian 20” Ping Ride??
- Get the Vintage 22” for less. The REAL ONE forged in the fires of Classic Rock.
- The 22” is a much better cymbal than its little brother - darker, lower pitched, a piercing bell and a generous playing field.
- Have a listen.
- And it’s incredibly SMOOTH sounding for a PING. Mellowed and dried out with no harshness.
- Sports the downward flanged Ping-style edge for projection.
- What's great about this specific 22" is that the decades have aged its tone-it has a terrific focused stick attack.
- The massive 6” bell cuts beautifully.
- Although the "Ping" stamped has most likely been wiped clean by Father time, this beauty PLAYS like a PING! But a very smooth one.
- As many of you may know, the Vintage Zildjian Ping Ride 22" was a perennial favorite of Stewart Copeland and it is what he used on many Police records. And, of course, Neil Peart famously used a 22" Ping Ride during Rush's heydays of the 1970s through early 1980s!
- And that’s the VIBE of this gorgeous 22"!
- Weighing in at a ROBUST 3502 grams this 1970s 22” Ride delivers a terrific Semi-Dark PING attack that is followed by a beautifully controlled wash.
- Because it is a big 22", the pitch is medium-low and darker than the 20”. The bell is wonderfully solid and slices through stacks of Marshall amps with the utmost of ease.
- Perhaps the most famous of all Zildjian Ride cymbals, the Ping Ride has been a staple cymbal for all genres of music for decades. And the older ones are particularly sweet on the ears.
- And Zildjian discontinued this beauty which is crazy because it was one of the most popular and most recorded cymbals in the catalog.
- This is the sound! Right here.
- No issues. Clean. A 40 year old terrific 22” from rock’s heyday!
- Don’t spend more for less and a guess….