Rare SUPER Dark ISTANBUL Mehmet 24” Custom Dry Ride 4074 g LOW EAK ish
Original price $349.99 - Original price $349.99
$349.99 - $349.99
Current price $349.99
- Here’s a very rare cymbal that is a signature sound:
- Imagine a 2 FOOT Zildjian 80s EAK Ride - well this earlier Hand Hammered Istanbul Traditional Custom Dry 24” is that vibe. Super dark and low pitched with a beautiful, smooth chime-like stick attack that is much lower than anything you will find at some cookie-cutter big box store.
- This 24” is tantamount to playing the lower octaves on a grand piano - there’s immense body behind but when played lightly it soars.
- Fully lathed and generously Hand Hammered throughout, this unique 2 foot “Custom Dry Ride” had a very low profile which contributes to its dark and low pitched tone. The bell is a solid 6” and spans wide and cuts exceptionally well however it still has a medium low profile.
- At 4074 grams this custom 24” has no problem cutting and the 6” bell pierces, but this rare 24” really shines at lower volumes.
- Cymbals never sense to surprise. And that’s what I love to highlight. I have never seen this particular Istanbul in a 24”.
- No issues. Light patina. Aging beautifully.
- This Istanbul is a killer live ride or studio secret weapon - it has a Signature tone to it. Again like a Vintage Zildjian EAK but in a 24” - which they never made.