RARE VINTAGE Paiste 13” 404 ULTRA PAPER THIN Hihats 517 640 g YES 13s”!!
Original price $259.99 - Original price $259.99
$259.99 - $259.99
Current price $259.99
- Here’s a pretty hard-to-find pair of 40 year Vintage Paiste Black Label Paper Thin Hi Hats.
- And these are the THIRTEENS! I have never seen the 13s” before. I’m not even sure they were available in the US.
- These are some of the thinnest hihats Paiste ever made.
- The 404s replaced the Original Giant Beats - but they’re even thinner - if you can imagine that.
- Hard to Find Paiste 404 Paiste 13” Medium Hi Hats.
- And they’re ULTRA PAPER THIN! Some of the thinnest Paiste hi hats you will ever see!
- According to Toomas Paiste, Paiste discontinued the 404s because they were “too good.”
- A stunning 517 and 640 grams. I mean that’s ultra paper thin!
- Light, airy, whispy, delicately complex, incredibly responsive.
- Imagine if Paiste made paper-thin 1940s Trans Stamp Hi Hats out of the 2002 alloy - this would be them.
- And these being the extremely rare 13s”, they’re quicker and faster playing than the 14” models.
- Overall clean for being 40 years old. They really do play like 1940s or 50s Zildjians.
- Very low to medium volume, incredible with brushes, sing with a light touch. Amazing for recording. Total Aaron Sterling or Steve Jordan very musical vibe.
- Excellent condition. No cracks. A few typical dents around the edges and bell - like almost all 404s - because they’re so thin.
- Absolutely amazing for recording and low to medium volumes, and a lot of fun to play. Very soulful. Very rare!