VINTAGE Paiste ENGRAVED 404 PAPER THIN Hihats 14” 641 706 g
Original price $199.99 - Original price $199.99
$199.99 - $199.99
Current price $199.99
- Here’s a pretty hard-to-find pair of nearly 50-year-old Vintage Paiste Black Label Paper Thin Hi Hats.
- The 404s replaced the Original Giant Beats - but they’re even thinner - if you can imagine that.
- Engraved Paiste 404 Paiste 14” Hi Hats - these are some of the EARLIEST 404s there are.
- There are no serial #s. And the 404 is engraved like it is on Vintage 2002s.
- And they’re ULTRA PAPER THIN! Some of the thinnest Paiste hi hats you will ever see!
- According to Toomas Paiste, Paiste discontinued the 404s because they are “too good.”
- Light, airy, whispy, delicately complex, incredibly responsive.
- Imagine if Paiste made paper-thin 1940s Trans Stamp Hi Hats out of the 2002 alloy - this would be them.
- Overall clean for being nearly half a century old.
- Very low to medium volume, incredibly with brushes, sing with a light touch. Amazing for recording. Total Aaron Sterling or Steve Jordan very musical vibe.
- Excellent condition. No cracks. A few typical dents around the bell - like almost all 404s.
- Absolutely amazing for recording and low to medium volumes, and a lot of fun to play. Very soulful.