Paper Thin 1950s Vintage Zildjian SIZZLE Hihats 13” 559 648 g LIGHT WHISPY
Original price $449.99 - Original price $449.99
$449.99 - $449.99
Current price $449.99
- These are some of the nicest sounding old As you will find. All 8 Vintage Rivets intact! That’s nearly impossible to find.
- Say you like Thelonious Monk, as I do. Or Art Tatum. Or Bud Powell. Or Charles Mingus.
- Now say you want some Hihats that call to mind something beautiful and soulful and emotive - like those artists and that music.
- Just go to a big box store and get some….some…some Hihats that sound NOTHING like Vintage Zildjians. Whaaaa???
- For whatever reason cymbal companies have not been able to capture the tone of these over half-century-old original Zildjians….although they keep trying to.
- And keep charging over $580 for their attempts.
- Fortunately, no one needs to try to “re-create” a damn thing! This pair of 1950s PAPERTHIN 13” Sizzle Hats just IS!
- Just create!
- 559 and 648 grams. That’s very thin! And on 50s Zildjians. Gorgeous.
- All 8 Vintage rivets on the top cymbal give these hats a distinctive 1940s or 50s Sizzle tone - many drummers used to play Sizzle hats, especially in jazz end swing. It gives a slight sparkle when opened. Easily removable but they sound incredible. I would keep them in.
- DRY from decades of aging and patina. Dark and whispy. Light, splashy, and airy when opened like on a Count Basie record. Light RINGO slosh when opened. This is the tone!
- The sizzles activate when opened, very light and subtle with a glowing warmth.
- These are the hats that launched thousands and thousands of recordings - in all different styles too.
- No issues at all. Absolutely amazing nearly 70-year-old patina.
This is THE SOUND! No more shopping for replicas and reproductions and re-designs. This is it.
- Go open The Cotton Club!