Rare Amazing PAPER THIN Paiste Dimensions LIGHT Hihats 13” 664 829 g CLEAN
Original price $299.99 - Original price $299.99
$299.99 - $299.99
Current price $299.99
- These are some of the nicest, smoothest Hihats Paiste ever produced - and only produced for a few years.
- And these are the very hard to find 13s”! They were pretty rare, even back when Paiste did produce them.
- But few people know about these gems because Paiste’s marketing sucked and no one really understood what this whole series was about and we as humans are afraid to try new things and so we all stayed home ensconced in familiarity with our 2002 series and Signatures because they were familiar and the Dimensions suffered the fate of the dodo, but really….it was we who suffered.
- That’s a run-on sentence, but you get the picture.
- And speaking of pictures…look at how CLEAN these over 20 year Light Hihats are. Delightful!
- And that video - have a listen and hear why I’m crowing about this specific pair of 13s”.
- At a PAPER THIN 664 and 829 grams, these actually play like Paiste’s version of 1950s Zildjian PAPER THIN Hihats. They play much lighter than even the LIGHT gram weights suggests.
- These were the THINNEST hihats Paiste made 20 years ago - much thinner than Dark Energies and even Traditionals.
- And being the 13s” they have a lovely light, quickness to them. They respond faster and are light but tight - and that’s a rare combination.
- A dark-horse Series that was never marketed well by Paiste. These Dimension LIGHT Hats are the darker, slightly more complex COUSIN who spent a little bit of time in the federal pen, compared to the bright and cheery do-good-ers 2002s.
- This pair of 13s” is exceptionally smooth sounding and they have a light, soft, sibilant HIIIIISSSS when opened that you just don’t find on many Paistes.
- So warm and ultra smooth - Traditionals even sound metallic next to these.
- Soft and pliable, very beautiful with an even and euphonic tone. Exceptionally responsive and classy sounding. More focused and mellow than 2002s and Traditionals.
- Amazing for very soft to medium volumes. They sing under the mic.
- These beauties slipped past everyones’ ears long ago and hardly anyone has them now.
- Definitely head-turning Paistes because you just don’t see them.
- A joy to play.