Ultra THIN 1940s 50s FLANGE Vintage Zildjian Trans Stamp 14” Hihats 672 692 g
Original price $499.99 - Original price $499.99
$499.99 - $499.99
Current price $499.99
- Very rare Paper Thin 1940s 1950s FLANGED 14” Hihats.
- Yes, with the super rare Flanged Hihat bottom that was rare but available in the 1940s and early 1950s. And Zildjian did bring a heavy version back in the 1970s too.
- All were rare and provided a fat CHUP.
- This pairing represents the Golden Era of American Cymbal making! Hand Hammered. Hand Crafted., and forged when Jazz had recently migrated up North and was exploding in New York City.
- As you can see the Top Cymbal is a 1940s Trans Stamp and the Bottom Cymbal is a 1950s FLANGED bottom cymbal.
- Both 14s are Ultra Paper Thin at 672 and 692. They sound amazing together - same hand-hammered era, same weight range for this era.
- The bottom Flange supplies a fatter CHICK or CHUP tone! More of the cymbal surface connects when you play it with your foot giving it a solid CHICK.
- No modern company makes anything like these. Although they’ll tell you they do for $650. These weights would be thin for 12s”.
- No need to bother with the “re-issues,” “vintage homage,” “throwback light Hihats” and all that.
- Just get the Vintage actually hand-hammered beauties.
- Ultra Papery, whispy, super dark, warm and breathy, extremely responsive old-school tone.
- Delicate light and bright shimmer float above the top.
- They sound like they were pulled right from the Cotton Club. Or a Red Garland record.
- These Zildjians are to be celebrated - for their tone, but also because of what they represent - a piece of American musical history.
- Amazing for recording, or very low to medium volumes. Use them anytime you want the real sound.
- No issues. Great 7-decade old patina. Light use/wear. Remarkable that they survived the 1980s.