Ultra THIN EARLY 1950s Vintage Zildjian 14” Hi Hats 695 710 g LIGHT WHISPY
Original price $479.99 - Original price $479.99
$479.99 - $479.99
Current price $479.99
- Absolutely gorgeous sounding super PAPER THIN 14” Hi Hats from the first few decades of Zildjian USA.
- This pairing represents the Golden Era of American Cymbal making! Hand Hammered. Hand Crafted., and forged when Jazz had recently migrated up North and was exploding in New York City.
- Early 1950s Vintage Zildjian Paper Thin 14” Hi Hats - with the smaller center holes you find on the 1930s and 1940s Trans Stamp Hi Hats.
- Super Thin gram weights at ONLY 695 and 710. That’s very, very thin and responsive.
- They sound amazing - hand-hammered era, super light and wispy with an airy complexity.
- No modern company makes anything like these. Although they’ll tell you they do for $650. These weights would be thin for 12s”.
- No need to bother with the “re-issues,” “vintage homage,” “throwback light hi hats” and all that.
- Just get the Vintage actually hand-hammered beauties.
- Ultra Papery, whispy, super dark, warm and breathy, extremely responsive old-school tone.
- Delicate light and complex shimmer floats above the top.
- They sound like they were pulled right from the Cotton Club. Or a Red Garland record. Maybe Art Tatum with Gene Krupa!
- These Zildjians are to be celebrated - for their tone, but also because of what they represent - a piece of American musical history.
- Amazing for recording, or very low to medium volumes. Use them anytime you want the real sound.
- No issues. Great 7-decade old patina. Light use/wear typical for paper thin 70 year old hats. It’s remarkable that they survived the 1980s.
- You can’t re-issue a life lived. This is THE SOUND that made Zildjian famous.