Super PAPER THIN Vintage 1960s Zildjian 14” Hihats ONLY 697 796 g Dry Complex
Original price $439.99 - Original price $439.99
$439.99 - $439.99
Current price $439.99
- Here's a pair of ultra-thin over half-century-old Vintage Zildjians that sound like they were just plucked off an Oscar Peterson Record.
- 697 and 796 grams - that is really damn thin! Like some of the THINNEST 1960s hi hats you will find.
- And that’s a beautiful thing when you need a light whispy papery vintage tone - none of this modern stuff masquerading as "vintage" or "vintage reissue" nonsense. That hi hats are $580. And they don’t do this!
- Hand hammered, wavy surface, ultra-thin weights. Very deep and dark patina that dries them out beautifully.
- Light Papery whispy, very responsive, wonderfully complex tone with a subtle lively glow that percolates when opened. Dry attack. Very mellow chill - compliments of the last 60 years that have been quite good to them.
- Beautiful CHUP tone when played with your foot. Earthy complexity when opened. Very light and subtle.
- They sound unbelievable under a mic and are fantastic for low to medium volume settings.
- Amazing with brushes!
- No modern company makes this sound. This is THE SOUND.
- It's a joy to play cymbals that are 60 years old. No issues, great shape, gorgeous patina.
- The sound of jazz, soul, Motown, and early rock and rock.
- Right here.
- Some of the papery, dry, thinnest ones you’ll find.