THIN Complex 1960s Vintage Zildjian 14” Hihats 764 898 g Hand Hammered
Original price $399.99 - Original price $399.99
$399.99 - $399.99
Current price $399.99
- Here’s a sound that’s ever-present in our minds:
- THIN Vintage EARLY 1960s Zildjians Hihats.
- And this pair is actually Hand Hammered - insane wavy surface!
- Look at the top cymbal hammering - it looks a bit Istanbul K - ish. Someone at the Zildjian factory skipped lunch one day to hammer the hell out of this one.
- These 14s” look like they’re very close to the 1950s actually. That’s the vibe. The hand hammering on this pair is incredible.
- For whatever reason cymbal companies have not been able to capture the tone of these half-century-old original Zildjians….although they keep trying to, but Zildjian ain’t hand-hammering these days - far from it.
- But they keep charging $549 for their attempts.
- Fortunately, no one needs to try to “re-create” a damn thing! This pair of 1960s Thin 14s” just IS! Just create!
- 764 and 898 grams. Thin to Paper THIN. Complex and with that mellowed out dryness that only comes from time.
- Light, and whispy with a lovely complexity! Tight, focused, and MOTOWN crisp when closed, perfect RINGO SLOSH when opened. Sturdy Jazz-style CHUP when played with your foot.
- These are the hats that launched 1000 recordings.
- No issues at all. Overall very clean. Light golden hue.
- EARLY 1960s Hand Hammered Zildjian Hihats!
- THE SOUND!