LIGHT WHISPY 1960s Vintage Zildjian 14” EARLY New Beat Hihats 769 1207 g
Original price $399.99 - Original price $399.99
$399.99 - $399.99
Current price $399.99
- Damn!!! New, NEW Beats are $430! For the redesigned ones trying to imitate what these Vintage ones do effortlessly!
- And this particular pair is from the FIRST FEW YEARS OF PRODUCTION and has a VERY THIN Top cymbal - only 769 grams. That’s damn thin on New Beats! One of the thinnest you will find.
- And they’re very clean! Some of the cleanest vintage New Beats I’ve seen. Beautiful light golden hue.
- This pair has the perfect mix of light subtle brightness with a paper-y whispy tone.
- For cymbals this thin they're bright but not at all harsh. And they have a mellowed dryness to them.
- CLASSIC pair of crisp, clean-sounding articulate, fairly dry slightly complex VINTAGE 1960s EARLY Zildjian New Beat 14” Hihats in amazing shape!
- The most recorded Hihats in history.
- Very THIN 769 Top Cymbal, and a heavier 1207 gram Bottom Cymbal (which is still thinner for New Beats.)These 14s” espouse the time-honored New Beat philosophy of a thin top cymbal coupled with a heavier bottom cymbal to supply plenty of CHICK tone!
- And that they do!! Crisp, tight, clean, and articulate sticking that is focused when closed, compliments of the last 5 -decades. Whispy light and airy accents when opened. But overall slightly dry.
- Great RINGO style slosh when opened fully.
- These beauties are drier but also more complex sounding than the $430 new ones - they have aged and focused up beautifully but also have a much thinner top cymbal.
- Incredible for recording! Plenty of cutting ability for live situations.
- There’s a reason everyone wants Vintage New Beats! They just do the thing.
- No issues. Fantastic - especially for being a half-century old.
- Real Deal EARLY New Beats from the very first years of production.
- Don’t spend more for less….