Light THIN PAISTE 404 14” Heavy Hi Hats 813 992 g CLEAN
Original price $219.99 - Original price $219.99
$219.99 - $219.99
Current price $219.99
- These Paistes are 35 years old but they’re pretty damn clean! Especially for the thin 404s!
- And they’re anything but “Heavy”. That’s laughable. 813 992 grams is pretty thin - much thinner than New Beats and most modern Hi Hats. This is like Kerope weights or less.
- And if you’ve been keeping score at home then you know that the Paiste 404s were some of the MOST underrated cymbals they ever made.
- They’re like the foul-mouthed cousin to the Giant Beat. Same alloy, same THIN weight with great response, but surprisingly more complex - a bit dirtier sounding. Which is damn nice because everything Paiste is so fastidiously clean.
- Well, these have a pinch of organicness that usually eludes Paistes.
- Light, airy, whispy, delicately complex, incredibly responsive. Very nice warm CHICK.
- Imagine if Paiste made thin 1940s Trans Stamp Hi Hats out of the 2002 alloy - this would be them.
- Incredible shape!
- Very low to medium volume, terrific with brushes, sing with a light touch. Amazing for recording. Total Aaron Sterling or Steve Jordan very musical vibe.