Rare Discontinued Sabian 13” HHX GROOVE HI HATS 822 1176 g
Original price $329.99 - Original price $329.99
$329.99 - $329.99
Current price $329.99
- These beautiful top of the line Sabians were hard to find even when they WERE being made.
- Now you hardly ever see them!
- But never fear. You’re not doomed to wonder the earth broken hearted - relegated to playing humdrum hi hats.
- Sabian HHX GROOVE HATS in the super fast 13” size!!
- These 13s" are very interesting hi hats. They're warm and even sounding (as you would expect from 13" Groove Hats) and have a smoothness with a pinch of that HHX complexity melted in.
- Gorgeous large style HHX Hammering with super fine lathing.
- Sabian describes their Groove Hats as:
- “With a funky feel and a blend of retro tone and crisp definition, the HHX Groove Hats are the perfect pairing for all styles.”
- Now add the crisp, articulate, faster-playing 13” size and……Hurray!!!!
- Weighing in at a lovely 822 grams for the Top Cymbal and 1176 grams for the Bottom Cymbal, these HHXs have a great, responsive, chick sound. Articulate with both your hand and foot.
- The tone is warm, crisp but not harsh and has a great blend of bright and dark tones - that’s the HHX magic.
- What I dig about this specific pair is that being 13"s, they have a faster response than your garden variety 14s", and because they are a bit thinner, they are wonderfully responsive and open up quickly.
- Perfect for low to louder settings. Great in any genre.
- No issues. Aged beautifully over the last two decades. Very clean with a golden patina.
- Very hard to find this series and this size today.