DARK Paiste Dimensions THIN HEAVY Hihats 14” 826 1376 g
Original price $199.99 - Original price $199.99
$199.99 - $199.99
Current price $199.99
- Here’s a great set of hihats that won’t break the bank! And they’re DARK too. Dark with a subtle Paiste clean tone.
- These are some of the nicest, smoothest Hihats Paiste ever produced - and only produced for a few years.
- But few people know about them because Paiste’s marketing sucked and no one really understood what this whole series was about and we as humans are afraid to try new things and so we all stayed home ensconced in familiarity with our 2002 series and Signatures because they were familiar and the Dimensions suffered the fate of the dodo, but really….it was we who suffered.
- That’s a run-on sentence, but you get the picture.
- 24 years old. Beautiful patina that dries and mellow these gorgeous 14s”.
- And that video - have a listen and hear why I’m crowing about this specific pair of 14s!”
- At 836 and 1376 grams, these beautiful Thin Heavy Hihats play like thinner, very smooth New Beats mixed with 2002s and a bit of Traditional thrown in for warmth.
- 836 top cymbal - that’s the THINNEST Paiste gram weight they had in the catalog. Much thinner than Traditional and Dark Energy hihats.
- A dark-horse Series that was never marketed well by Paiste. These Dimension Thin Heavy Hats are the darker, slightly more complex and much smoother sounding COUSIN to the bright and cheery 2002s.
- This pair of 14s” is exceptionally smooth sounding and they have a light, soft, sibilant HIIIIISSSS when opened that you just don’t find on many Paistes.
- Darker learnings. Focused.
- Soft and pliable top cymbal, very beautiful with an even and euphonic tone. Exceptionally responsive and classy sounding. More focused and mellow than 2002s and Traditionals.
- 1376 gram bottom cymbal provides a fantastic New Beat styled CHICK that is very strong.
- Amazing for very soft to medium loud volumes. They sing under the mic.
- These beauties slipped past everyones’ ears and hardly anyone has them now.
- Definitely head-turning Paistes because you just don’t see them. Nice patina. Typical light wear/play.
- Beautiful sounding and a joy to play.