THIN TOP Vintage Zildjian 1970s New Beat 14” Hihats 843 1143 g Dry Complex
Original price $299.99 - Original price $299.99
$299.99 - $299.99
Current price $299.99
- No need to go $430 deep on a pair of new NEW Beats that are trying to imitate what these Vintage ones do effortlessly! And you’ll be guessing at the tone too.
- LISTEN to these beauties! This particular pair has a VERY THIN TOP for New Beats - giving them a pinch of Light, airy complexity when opened. But as New Beats, they still have no problem cutting and they’ve aged quite well so they’re a bit dry.
- Beautifully dry and complex 14s”.
- VINTAGE 1970s Zildjian New Beat 14” Hi Hats in fantastic shape! This particular pair looks and sounds to have one foot in the 1960s - that’s what the hammering looks like, but they have the 70s stamp.
- Definitely 1960s or Early 1970s sounding
- The most recorded Hi Hats in history.
- Very thin 843 gram Top Cymbal with a 1143 gram Bottom Cymbal. These 14s” espouse the tone-honored New Beat philosophy of a thin top cymbal coupled with a medium-heavy bottom cymbal to supply plenty of CHICK tone!
- And that they do!! Light complexity, great crisp tone with articulate sticking that is focused - compliments of that 4-decade old patina. These beauties are more lively and breathy than the $430 new ones and they have a great played-in vintage-aged tone. They have aged 4 decades magnificently. Father Time has done them well.
- Dried out magnificently.
- Incredible for recording! Plenty of cutting ability for live situations.
- There’s a reason everyone wants Vintage New Beats! They just do the thing.
- No issues. Real Deal New Beats with a great patina from the 1970s. Articulate but with a light liveliness. They do it all.
- Don’t spend more for less….