THIN TOP Vintage Zildjian 1970s New Beat 14” Hihats 854 1226 g Light Complex
Original price $329.99 - Original price $329.99
$329.99 - $329.99
Current price $329.99
- No need to go over $400 deep on a pair of new NEW Beats that are trying to imitate what these Vintage ones do effortlessly!
- And there’s no need to guess and what your new hihats will sound like. Have a listen!
- This particular pair has a THIN TOP Cymbal - giving them a Light, airy complexity when opened. But as New Beats, they still have no problem cutting. They also have a tight, dry sound when closed and even when opened.
- The patina mellows out the wash - this is a great pair for a studio.
- VINTAGE Hollow Logo 1970s Zildjian New Beat 14” Hihats in fantastic shape! This particular pair actually has one foot in the 1960s - that’s what the hammering looks like, but they have the 70s stamp. But damn, they sure look Hand Hammered like the early 60s.
- The most recorded Hihats in history.
- Wonderfully THIN 854 Top Cymbal over a 1226 gram Bottom Cymbal. These 14s” espouse the tone-honored New Beat philosophy of a thin top cymbal coupled with a medium-heavy bottom cymbal to supply plenty of CHICK tone!
- And that they do!! Light complexity, great crisp tone with articulate sticking that is focused - compliments of that 4-decade old golden patina. These beauties are more lively and breathy than the $410 new ones and they have a great played-in vintage-aged tone. These beauties have aged 4 decades magnificently. Father Time has done them well.
- Overall a bit drier than most. Still a bit complex.
- Incredible for recording! Plenty of cutting ability for live situations.
- There’s a reason everyone wants Vintage New Beats! They just do the thing.
- No issues. Real Deal New Beats with that enviable LIGHTNESS and airy complexity.
- Don’t spend more for less….