SUPER DRY THIN 1960s Vintage Zildjian 14” Hi Hats 854 876 g Light
Original price $449.99 - Original price $449.99
$449.99 - $449.99
Current price $449.99
- Here’s a sound that’s ever-present in our minds:
- Paper THIN Vintage EARLY 1960s Zildjians Hi Hats.
- And this pair truly IS Hand Hammered. And they have one of the darkest patinas you will find!
- They have a wispy, wonderfully dry tone - some of the driest you will find.
- For whatever reason cymbal companies have not been able to capture the tone of these half-century-old original Zildjians….although they keep trying to, but Zildjian ain’t hand-hammering these days - far from it.
- But they keep charging $550 for their attempts.
- Fortunately, no one needs to try to “re-create” a damn thing! This pair of 1960s Thin 14s” just IS! Just create!
- 854 and 876 grams. Thin to Paper THIN. Slight Complex but still smooth!
- Light and wispy with a lovely complexity! Tight, VERY dry, focused, and MOTOWN crisp when closed, perfect RINGO SLOSH when opened. Sturdy Jazz-style CHUP when played with your foot.
- These are the hats that launched 1000000 recordings.
- No issues at all. Amazing deep patina from living 60 years. Sound incredible.
- EARLY 1960s Hand Hammered Zildjian Hi Hats!
- THE SOUND! And some of the best ones I have.