UNIQUE Sabian VAULT TOUR 15” HH X-Celerator Hihats 855 1342 g DARK
Original price $399.99 - Original price $399.99
$399.99 - $399.99
Current price $399.99
- Here’s a stunning pair of unique, very DARK hihats. They’re from the ORIGINAL Sabian VAULT TOUR of 2004. Aged nearly 20 years and very dark and warm.
- They sound like they’re from the 1940s or 50s. This is as close as I’ve ever heard to Sabian Hihats sounding 70 years old. And that makes sense, they’re actually soft and Hand Hammered.
- Custom Sabian VAULT TOUR HH 15” X - Celerator Hihats with a very, very THIN Top cymbal.
- The perfect confluence of HH low profile, thin Top Cymbal, Hand Hammering, and 2 decades of aging gives these massive 15s” their very low, very dark and wonderfully warm tone and golden tone.
- A stunningly thin 855 gram Top Cymbal (that would be quite thin for a 14”) over a medium 1342 Bottom X Celerator Cymbal makes these 15s” extremely responsive with a terrific CHICK tone.
- Raw and heavily Hand Hammered bell leads into a fully lathed plain. The bottom cymbal is fully lathed.
- Now add in the Sound Edge style ripples and tone of the X-Celerator series.
- Factory “VAULT TOUR 2004 HH” is under the bell.
- These would cost $650 new. If Sabian made them…but they don’t.
- And no X-Celerator 15s” ever have an 855 gram Top Cymbal. That’s paper thin.
- Responsive and tight when closed. Whispy dark and airy when opened. These Hihats sound like they’re from the 1950s.
- Perfect for very soft to medium loud settings.
- No issues. Terrific shape. Golden patina has befriended them the last 20 years.
- I’ve never seen another pair like these. Stunning custom 15s” from the Original Vault Tour.