Vintage Canadian Zildjian Sabian Light New Beat Combo Hihats 14” 894 1259 g
Original price $219.99 - Original price $219.99
$219.99 - $219.99
Current price $219.99
- These Hihats sound fantastic - perfect for any style. And it comes as no surprise because they capture a perfect snapshot of Zildjian History.
- This 14” Combo is comprised of a Made in Canada Vintage Sabian AA LIGHT Hihat TOP and a Made in Canada Vintage Zildjian Hihat Bottom.
- Yes!! That’s right. As many a cymbalholic knows, the Canadian Zildjian factory BECAME Sabian in the 1970s when Armand Zildjian and Bill Zildjian split.
- And thus - Both Of these cymbals are from the exact same factory. One Zildjian. One Sabian. Both Canadian made. 40-45 years ago.
- And they LOOK identical! Look at the closeups. Same lathing and hammering that became the telltale Sabian look!
- And that is why they sound so great! They’re brothers from the SAME mother!
- Weighing a thin 894 grams for the Sabian Light and 1259 g for the Zildjian Bottom, these Canadian Combo Hihats pokey like thinner Vintage New Beat Hihats.
- That’s the vibe. Tight. Articulate. Crisp clean tone with a nice warmth. Great CHICK when played with your foot. Open them for a semi-dark clean accent that cuts well without clanking.
- Have a listen. They can do everything. And being this era of manufacturing, they have a particular smoothness to them.
- Great from soft to loud. Studio to live.
- No issues. Great 4 decade patina chills and smoothes them out.
- You can leave these hihats in your cymbal bag because they always have a place in music and straddle musical history.