RARE PRE SPLIT 22” Istanbul AGOP MEHMET TURK Ride 3647 g UNIQUE DRY
Original price $549.99 - Original price $549.99
$549.99 - $549.99
Current price $549.99
- Here’s the future of collecting. A Super Rare PRE SPLIT Istanbul Agop Mehmet TURK RIDE 22” in fantastic shape!
- I showed this Original wonder to the good people at AGOP and they were like “Whooaaa. That’s trippy. Look at the underside!”
- As many a cymbal fan knows, there’s are very few Pre Split Istanbul cymbals out there OVER 20”.
- This is a 22”. And it’s a TURK! Hell it’s one of THE FIRST TURKS produced.
- UNLATHED AND RAW and Hand Hammered - Before ANYONE had seen this kind of craftsmanship and beauty! This is the early to mid 80s and this is THE company that ushered in the old world craftsmanship - the kind of artistry that fomented a movement of boutique cymbalsmiths.
- Istanbul’s old-world Zildjian Istanbul K-styled handiwork attracted the ears and signatures of jazz greats Mel Lewis and Elvin Jones. Elvin even had a Pre Split Agop Mehmet TURK.
- 3647 grams.
- Ultra dry with an absolutely fantastic stick attack! All that beautiful Hand Hammering supplies a very subtle, light complexity - the kind no one in the 80s had heard, unless you knew about Istanbul Ks.
- Unlathed and Raw TURK surface is striking! It makes this Pre Split TURK incredibly dry sounding - this beauty is all about attack! Similar to a K Custom Left Side Ride or Dry Ride, but this Pre Split actually IS Hand Hammered.
- This is exactly the kind of cymbal Elvin or Jack DeJohnette would play. Very expressive and musical. Something that keeps a foot in tradition but also is fresh, new and BOLD.
- Amazing condition for a 35 year old Pre Split. Very strong logos. Incredible, naturally aged patina and dark sienna coloring.
- These are all pretty rare but the unlathed 22” TURK is especially hard to find!
- This is one of those rare cymbals that calls you over to the kit.