Dry Light Complex Meinl BYZANCE Pre-Aged Sizzle Ride 22” 2439 g
Original price $379.99 - Original price $379.99
$379.99 - $379.99
Current price $379.99
- Here’s a fascinating, gorgeous-sounding Meinl Byzance 22”. There is a very cool patina finish on this one.
- This is an amazing dry, complex light 22”. I am not entirely sure what the provenance is - maybe a Prototype or Foundry Reserve? The craftsmanship looks like the Sabian Ralph Peterson Ride however it has a golden/reddish pre-aged appearance. This has a bit of the Zildjian Bill Stewart Ride vibe but it’s more organic and hand-hammered.
- Deep, golf-ball-sized hammering on it with wide lathing - like a Byzance Mosaic Ride, however, the finish is unlike any I’ve seen - it’s gold and red - it’s looks factory pre-aged or corroded. Really an incredible piece! Hand-made all the way - wavy surface.
- The weight is 2439 grams and it plays like a Thin to Medium Thin DRY COMPLEX Sizzle. It sounds very old-world, dry Istanbul K. That’s the vibe - organic with a hint of nasty, pre-aged mojo.
It is outfitted with 3 brass cluster rivets which give this 22” a perfect amount of rain-on-the-roof sizzle. I believe they are factories.
- Dry. Light. Complex. Medium to medium-low in pitch which highs present. Broad spread. Very organic tone. Great semi-dry attack. Bill Stewart Dry Complex vibe but nastier and not as manicured. 3 brass cluster rivets
- This is a killer cymbal - looking and sounding. Unique for sure.