SUPER DRY EARLY ORIGINAL 1980s Zildjian K CUSTOM 20” Ride 2919 g
Original price $279.99 - Original price $279.99
$279.99 - $279.99
Current price $279.99
- Here’s the beauty that kicked off the famous K CUSTOM Series 35 years ago with the help of a young drummer named Dave Weckl!
- These early K Customs are much darker and lower-pitched than the newer version, it could even pass as a 22”.
- And this particular one is one of the DRIEST ones I’ve ever heard. This thing is all about stick articulation.
- You don’t see many of these 80s beauties around, check on the hammering! Super wavy surface - almost EAK -which is not surprising considering this K Custom was forged right after the EAKs.
- Look at the Zildjian K stamp - it’s that early reversed position. Long before serial numbers.
- 2919 grams. It has a glorious stick attack, compliments of the unlathed surface and weight and it’s much darker than the newer ones. Famous unlathed, solid bell, terrific DRY, articulate pin-point stick attack that cuts amazingly well, a hint a of clean Brilliant shimmer.
- Darkened and dried over the last 35 years. This is the ORIGINAL! And it’s extremely dry.
- Perfect for any style of music. Soft to loud.
- Great shape! No issues. Instantly identifiable. Very smooth and wavy, vintage look.
- This Zildjian kicked off the entire K Custom line and revolutionized the cymbal world. Damn near every Zildjian artist has played one of these. This Original K is incredibly versatile.