RARE HUGE ISTANBUL Mehmet Nostalgia 50s 24” Ride 2928 g Clean
Original price $429.99 - Original price $429.99
$429.99 - $429.99
Current price $429.99
- One of the most beautiful cymbals you will find….
- Or actually not find!
- I’ve seen 2 of these in my life. A 2 foot 1950s Nostalgia Ride.
- This is the end of the road for luscious, glowing warm. This thing makes a K Ride feel like a Z Custom Power Ride.
- Incredibly hand crafted with gorgeous Hand Hammering throughout.
- As many of you may recall, the Nostalgia Series was the Mel Lewis Series - back when Agop and Mehmet got along.
- You’re looking at a 24” Mel Lewis with a pinch more complexity.
- This beauty has all the golden glowing warmth of the famous Nostalgia Series but being the 50s version the bell is larger and rounded over giving it a hint more complexity than the standard Nostalgia.
- And that falls right into line with the Hand Hammered 1950s Vintage Zildjians - like the Block Stamp logo. And this massive 24” has that heritage. Golden glowing Hand Hammered tone but with the larger bell found on the 24s” from that era Zildjian.
- 2928 grams. Terrific woody stick attack on top with a golden wash that remains mellow and controlled but has a pinch of complexity.
- Plays like a Thin to Medium Thin 24”.
- Extremely crashable. Very warm. Great solid and large 6” bell for such a mellow cymbal.
- Perfect for any music - very quiet to loud settings - when you crash on the edge this 24” it really opens up and can handle itself in louder gigs. Great for jazz, recording, and singer songwriter gigs but not at all limited to those.
- Amazing shape with no issues. Played lightly for the demo video. A gorgeous Istanbul that is extremely rare.
- If you’re not familiar with these cymbals, this is a great one to start with. But I warn you, everything else will feel STIFF after playing this.
- An absolute steal for the instrument it is!