UNIQUE PROTOTYPE PAISTE HIGH DEFINITION 22” Ride 3122 g CLEAN DRY
Original price $469.99 - Original price $469.99
$469.99 - $469.99
Current price $469.99
- What if Paiste made a Zildjian HIGH DEFINITION RIDE?
- Well apparently they did….ONCE.
- Look at this 22” MASTERS PROTOTYPE.
- It has all the hallmarks of the ORIGINAL Zildjian K Custom 22” High Definition Ride - the one that had the same golden/brown lathing on the top and the underside.
And at 3122 grams with a Raw bell underside - it has the similar weight and constitution as the Hi-Def Ride too.
Clearly Paiste experimented with in their Masters Series - this 22” is Hand Hammered and has the complexity and alternating brown and gold lathing that the Masters Series explored.
- It’s actually quite Istanbul AGOP - ish. And that’s the void Paiste was filling with Master’s Series - complex Hand Hammered Turkish vibe - way less clean than what normally comes out of Switzerland.
- DARK. Medium Low pitched. Semi-dry terrific stick articulation on top with a controlled Hand Hammered complexity underneath.
- The bell is remarkably solid and cutting - like a High Definition Ride. Overall a bit more body than the Zildjian - this one IS Hand Hammered.
- With a Medium the Medium Heavy constitution this Prototype Paiste 22” commits to a well-defined attack projecting through a mix.
- Cutting. Articulate. Fairly dry - especially for Paiste. Terrific attack and projection.
- The Masters Series is awesome but they’re overall very thin and washy.
- This is the counterpart you wish they offered.
- Paiste makes nothing like this 22” Dark Proto.
- No issues. Amazing condition. Looks perfect.