Unique Sabian COMBO AAX Freq HHX Evolution Hihats 14” 1046 1452 g Semi-Dry Darker
Original price $249.99 - Original price $249.99
$249.99 - $249.99
Current price $249.99
- I love mix and match hihats because you can borrow from different cymbal series to get a specific tone that is not offered.
- And you then have a unique tone!
- Such is the case with this pairing! No need to guess. Have a listen to these exact hihats! Articulate and crisp with a pre-eq-ed clean tone.
- Sabian AAX Freq HHX Evolution COMBO 14” Hihats in fantastic shape.
- Top Cymbal is the newer series Freq 14” Top while the Bottom Cymbal is an HHX Evolution Bottom.
- 1046 and 1452 grams give them that classic New Beat thinner Top over a heavier Bottom cymbal for a clean, crisp cutting CHICK tone.
- A perfect example of Sabian’s lifelong dedication to experimentation - take a look at the Brushed finish on the inside of this 14” Top cymbal! It’s dries out the wash beautifully and makes it particularly articulate without being overly clanky and heavy.
- The Raw bell and fully lathed outer 3.5” allow it to open up and breathe. But over all it has a great FAST and dry decay when opened.
- The Raw Bell provides a strong projection and ensures a great cut through the mix but without being heavy handed.
- Now add that Hand Hammered HHX Brilliant Finish Bottom hihat to the mix and you have a slightly warmer, shimmering tone and exceptionally SOLID chick when played with your foot.
- The attack is fairly DRY and they’re a pinch semi-dark and have a terrific clean and crisp wash that is not overly complex nor muddy and it dissipates quickly.
- Open easily. Medium low in pitch. Slightly complex but with a clean finish that gets out of the way quickly.
- They’re perfect for the studio and recording - they sound pre-eq-ed. That’s the whole concept with the Frequency Hihats.
- Add the warmth of the famous HHX and you these gorgeous, unique 14s”.
- No issues. Light use/patina. They’re a lot of fun to play live and definitely are mic friendly.
- And you won’t find these anywhere.