Rare DARK SEMI-DRY Vintage Zildjian EARLY 1950s Block Stamp 18” Ride 1582 g
Original price $379.99 - Original price $379.99
$379.99 - $379.99
Current price $379.99
- No need to shell out more money for a machine-made Zildjian when you can actually have the 70 year old Hand Hammered Zildjian for less!
- Yes! The Original 1950s BLOCK STAMP Hand Hammered Zildjian in the rare and controlled 18” size. It’s very hard to find this era in an 18”.
- This era along with the 1940s Trans Stamp era is my favorite period of Zildjian. It’s the golden age - the age they made their name!l
- The alloy from this era is softer and the cymbals have a darker, warmer glow to them. It’s almost like they’re made from a different metal than the 1960s and on….
- This 18” Block Stamp makes the perfect complement to a 20” or 22. Crashable. Rideable. Dark but also controlled. And surprisingly dry. Terrific definition.
- Absolutely stunning Hand Crafted work - look at the wavy surface! That’s not a machine.
- Weighing in at perfect 1582 grams this 18” offers a simply fantastic stick attack - it has a 6-decade old patina that dries this Zildjian out beautifully and it lives in the Medium Thin to Medium range.
- Semi-dry, medium-low to low in pitch. Super mellow and focused. Aged particularly well with a pinpoint stick attack and hints of darkness.
- Good definition and penetration but still remains controlled and mellow. The very solid bell for an 18”.
- Crash on it for a very full and loud accent. It’s FULL when you lay into it and is fairly dark too.
- Terrific shape. No issues.
- Small combo Semi-dry Ride or Left Side Crash Ride to accompany your main Ride.
- Whatever you decide this 1950s Hand Hammered Zildjian Rare 18” can occupy many positions on a kit.