2 FEET OF JOY! RARE Bosphorus THIN 24” BLACK PEARL Ride Crash 2350 g TURK
Original price $399.99 - Original price $399.99
$399.99 - $399.99
Current price $399.99
- Well, this just makes me happy!
- A Hand Hammered 2 foot beauty!
- THIS is what you wished the Zildjian K Light Ride was! Because at ONLY 2350 grams, it’s TRULY a THIN Light Ride. Like actually easily bendable THIN.
- Like very thin!!
- The Zildjian is 800 to 1000 grams heavier. Not exactly light.
- And this can easily be your main ride cymbal or big Thin Crash. This isn’t some novelty. This 24” easily fits in to any setup - like they did back in 1946!
- This Black Pearl is reminiscent of those HUGE Zildjians you would see in the background of a 1940s or 1950s Zildjian ad with Papa Joe Jones. Just a massive wavy hand-hammered cymbal lying against the wall and you’re like “what the hell is that?!!”
- Well, this rare 2 foot hand crafted wonder celebrates that era and vibe!
- It’s even LOOKS 80 years old with its Vintage sienna copper-hued BRUSHED like Vintage Finish.
- Multi Application 24” - not stamped “Ride” or “Crash.” Just “24.” Can be used as either or both. Sounds incredible as a suspended cymbal too. Gorgeous with mallets.
As you can see, this stunning 24” has a Hand Hammered bell feeding into a lightly lathed or brushed massive plain, the last outer half-inch is golden. This particular 24” even has a Mini Bell to control the overtones - which is a great design on a massive cymbal.
- The result is a cymbal that has all the wonderful light and complex tone of a truly Hand Hammered cymbal with the focus and drier attack of a sparsely lathed cymbal and the control of a Mini Bell.
With a VERY THIN weight of 2350 grams, this MASSIVE 24” Bosphorus plays like a great, dry semi- complex-sounding PAPER THIN OR THIN CRASH RIDE.
- The pre-aged finish gives it a good attack while the Old-World Turkish craftsmanship lends its telltale complexity to the mix.
- Remarkably responsive at low to medium level volumes! Crash on it and it ROARS like the levee just broke - terrific as a HUGE Crash but not overwhelming.
- Organic but still with a glow. Subtle but lively, responsive with a smooth complexity.
- The 24” size supplies myriad options for drawing tone out of this instrument. It’s like playing a grand piano!
- A gorgeous Main Ride or massive THIN Crash Ride.
- MESMERIZING to watch wobble and float about.
- This is a unique instrument! It’s a calling card. It can easily be your main ride or roaring crash! Or make it sizzle for that 1940s vibe!
- Whatever you decide, it’s an absolute JOY to play and make music with and have fun with.
- VERY Rare. Gorgeous craftsmanship. Very clean. Light use.
- A tribute to the art of cymbal making, and it sounds damn great too!