Vintage 1960s Zildjian THIN 14” Hihats 832 840 g Complex Clean
Original price $399.99 - Original price $399.99
$399.99 - $399.99
Current price $399.99
- Here’s the sound cymbal companies have been sweating for decades trying to imitate….and they’ve had valiant efforts.
- But none do this!
- This is the Real Deal!
- Thin Vintage Zildjian 14” Hihats. They do it all, except death metal.
- This pair of Vintage 14s is particularly airy, light and complex, and splashy sounding. They have a subtle liveliness to them - like you went back in a time machine to 1962 and just picked these up new.
- Only 832 and 840 grams. Both of these cymbals sport the 1960s Zildjian stamp.
- Both look to be Vintage Zildjian Hand Hammered and that no doubt contributes to the light and complex tone.
- The bottom has a fairly steep profile which no doubt contributes to the old school light complexity!
- Light, and whispy with a hint of liveliness on top, tight, focused, and MOTOWN crisp when closed, perfect RINGO SLOSH when opened. Sturdy Jazz-style CHUP when played with your foot.
- These are TRUE LIGHT HATS. Not just the weight - the TONE. It’s buoyant and light and airy.
- K Light Hats play like Rock Hats next to these.
- No modern Hihats do this. It’s the elephant in the room for cymbal companies.
- Vintage Paper Thin Zildjians have an inimitable tone that is instantly identifiable yet not duplicatable.
- No issues. Fantastic shape with a light half-century old patina that has befriended them.
- The famous tone that put Zildjian on the map.