SMOOTH DARK 1950s Vintage Zildjian 18” Light Ride 1566 g Controlled
Original price $299.99 - Original price $299.99
$299.99 - $299.99
Current price $299.99
- Absolutely stunning Hand Hammered DARK, SMOOTH 70 year-old Vintage Zildjian LIGHT Ride or Crash Ride in amazing shape.
- This Vintage 1950s Zildjian 18” is lower-pitched and exceptionally smooth, it makes the perfect complement to a 20” or 22!
- Weighing in at perfect 1566 grams this 18” offers a simply fantastic stick attack - it has a 7-decade old patina that dries this Zildjian out beautifully.
- The lathing is very smooth - it almost looks like a Brilliant finish and is very, very mellow. The center hole is the smaller one that you find on 1940s Trans Stamp Zildjians. This one is EARLIER 50s.
- Dark for an 18”, semi-dry, exceptionally mellow and focused. Aged particularly well with a pinpoint stick attack. Good definition and penetration but still remains controlled and mellow. Very solid bell for an 18”.
- Crash on it for a very full and loud Ringo-style white noise or accent.
- Being an 18”, this Zildjian is controlled both in overtones and volume - perfect for low to medium volume settings where you need a delicate, LIGHT Crash Ride.
Small combo Dark Ride or Left Side Crash Ride to accompany your main Ride, or 18” Crash. Whatever you decide this 1950s Zildjian can occupy many positions on a kit.
- A Vintage A from around the time of Clifford Brown and Max Roach is quite a nice Zildjian!
- No issues. Fantastic condition.