LIGHT 1960s Vintage Zildjian 14” EARLY New Beat Hihats 774 1168 g
Original price $349.99 - Original price $349.99
$349.99 - $349.99
Current price $349.99
- Damn!!! New, NEW Beats are OVER FOUR HUNDRED DOLLARS NOW! For the redesigned ones trying to imitate what these Vintage ones do effortlessly!
- And this particular pair is from the FIRST FEW YEARS OF PRODUCTION and has a THIN Top cymbal - only 774 grams. That’s damn thin on New Beats!
- Overall pretty clean too. Nice light golden patina!
- This pair has the perfect mix of mellowed and SMOOTH with a papery whispy tone. Compliments of the THIN weights.
- They have a mellowed dryness to them that is simply fantastic! These things sound amazing!
- This pair is from the first few years of Louis Bellson’s suggestion to Zildjian that they make a heavier bottom cymbal for that “New Beat.”
- CLASSIC pair of mellow, clean-sounding articulate, fairly dry slightly complex VINTAGE 1960s EARLY Zildjian New Beat 14” Hihats in fantastic shape!
- The most recorded Hihats in history.
- THIN 774 Top Cymbal, and a heavier 1168 gram Bottom Cymbal (which is still thin for New Beats.)These 14s” espouse the time-honored New Beat philosophy of a thin top cymbal coupled with a heavier bottom cymbal to supply plenty of CHICK tone!
- And that they do!! Crisp, tight, clean, and articulate sticking that is focused when closed, compliments of that 5 -decade old patina. Wispy light and airy accents when opened. But overall slightly dry.
- Great RINGO style slosh when opened fully.
- These beauties are drier but also more complex sounding than the $410 new ones - they have aged and focused up beautifully but also have a thinner top cymbal.
- Again. They're MELLOWED beautifully.
- Incredible for recording! Plenty of cutting ability for live situations.
- There’s a reason everyone wants Vintage New Beats! They just do the thing. And this pair is THIN!
- No issues.
- Real Deal EARLY New Beats from the very first years of production.
- Don’t spend more for less….