DARK DRY 1960s Vintage ZILDJIAN 20” Light CRASH RIDE 2123 g AVEDIS
Original price $339.99 - Original price $339.99
$339.99 - $339.99
Current price $339.99
- This right here must have been what Zildjian used to create their “vintage vibe” AVEDIS Series.
- Which they charge $425 for.
- But no one needs to spend all that. And you can actually have THE REAL ONE! 50 years old. Not the imitation.
- Dark. Dry. With an organic natural DARK patina and a gentle softness.
- This is one of the most well-balanced Zildjians you will find. That I guarantee. It’s not a heavy Ping-style Ride. This one is very mellow and has a light softness to it with a sliver of warmth, but just for a moment.
- The stick attack is DRY for a 60s A and the ensuing wash is very controlled - compliments of that half-century-old patina. The pitch is medium-low and the overtones are brooding and dark.
- A fantastic weight at 2123 grams. Very RINGO - ish if you crash rode on it. And that makes sense, it’s a Vintage 1960s Zildjian Medium Thin 20”!
- It’s a killer-sounding Mellow DARK Thin or Medium Thin Ride.
- Crash on the edge and you have a glorious DARK FULL 20” CRASH or CRASH RIDE. Perfect as when you need one big crash, or great for creating a Beatles Wall-of-Wash Crash Ride tone!
- Dark Medium Thin Main Ride. Big Dark Crash. Left Side Mellow Crash Ride. This half-century-old Zildjian can occupy many positions in the field.
- No issues. Light wear. Amazing dark patina. A pinch of center hole wear because someone played this beauty a lot because it’s a great one.
- Vintage As are always in style. And this is one of the nicest Dark ones.