RARE THIN CANADIAN Vintage Zildjian 14” New Beat Hihats 722 1156 g
Original price $329.99 - Original price $329.99
$329.99 - $329.99
Current price $329.99
- Here’s a hard-to-find pair of Zildjians with a story behind them - a story of two Zildjian brothers.
- As many of you may know, one of my favorite all-time drummers, Neil Peart, famously used a Vintage 22” Zildjian that sported the “Made in Canada” stamp. That’s one reason he was comfortable moving to Sabian.
- And these THIN Zildjian New Beats harken from those 1970s Canadian Zildjian years.
- These are not your typical 1970s Zildjians, they have much more of a complex shimmer to them.
And the TOP cymbal is VERY thin for 70s Zildjians. ONLY 722 grams. That’s VERY thin for this era.
- And the bottom is thin too - 1156 grams.
- Also, the hammering and lathing are much different than the typical 70s cymbals - definitely have all the hallmarks of a Canadian Made Zildjian, or shall we say Pre-Sabian SABIAN.
- The result is a pair of absolutely gorgeous sounding, THIN and incredibly responsive, DARK sounding New Beats that have delicate complexity to them!
- These are some of the THINNEST and nicest sounding, responsive New Beats you will find. And some of the darkest too. That I guaranteed.
- Absolutely amazing for recording. Incredible for low to medium loud volumes.
- They work for any style of music. Some of the nicest most versatile hi-hats you will find!
- No issues. Great shape. Beautiful 40-year-old patina. A snapshot of Zildjian history.