HOLY GRAIL Vintage Zildjian ISTANBUL K 22” Ride 2494 g
Original price $2,799.99 - Original price $2,799.99
$2,799.99 - $2,799.99
Current price $2,799.99
- Everyone knows what this is…the cymbal cymbal-makers have been trying to make for eons.
I’ll keep it simple:
Wonderfully LIGHT COMPLEX sounding crashable 22” REAL DEAL Vintage Zildjian handcrafted at the Turkish Zildjian ISTANBUL K Factory over half a century ago.
- Exceptionally organic sounding with a natural smoky wash.
2494 grams gives it a terrific straight-up stick attack while the ripples of Hand Hammering fan throughout the entire plain of this 22”.
- Very ART BLAKEY crashable and complex.
- Plays like the perfect Thin to Medium Thin LIGHT Complex Ride - it has enough heft to give it a pronounced stick attack that has an organic light liveliness to it.
- A perfect blend of definition and wash.
- Beautifully sculpted profile that ends with a pronounced tapered edge that invites that billowing crash - and that’s a beautiful thing on a 22”.
- 5.5” bell is solid.
- Stunning chocolate brown patina has built up over the last half-century and dries this K out beautifully.
- No issues. No cracks, dings etc. Hand made. Glorious.
- As nice a piece as you will see.
- Thinking of starting a cymbal company - start with this.
- This Istanbul K 22” is to be celebrated for its history, cultural musical significance, artistry, and its sound.
- Forged in Turkey, it’s been making music for the last half-a-century and has much more to say.
- When perched on your kit, you don’t walk by…you sit down…and take one moment longer.