DISCONTINUED Semi-Dry SMOOTH Zildjian 21” ARMAND Ride 2492 g
Original price $299.99 - Original price $299.99
$299.99 - $299.99
Current price $299.99
Looking for a very smooth and warm ride that has a pinpoint stick attack?
This Discontinued nearly 15-year-old 21” ARMAND Ride perfectly blends stick definition with the warmth of a fully lathed cymbal. And being the largest cataloged 21” size, it’s the darkest one they offered. It has a foot in K Land, but has the SMOOTHNESS and classy-ness of the vintage-inspired Armand Series.
- 2492 grams is why that definition is so nice, but it’s far from a heavy cymbal. It plays right between a Medium Thin and Medium.
Nothing harsh at all, one of the smoothest modern Zildjians you will find. And that was the whole concept behind the Armand Series - to capture the glowing warmth and mellowed tone of some of the Vintage Zildjians of yore.
- Mellowed and aged over the last 14 years. Defined. Focused. Subtle, glowing warm stick presence. Very controlled wash for a fully lathed cymbal. The metal has chilled out and settled.
- A larger-sized Solid 5.5 bell provides plenty of cuts when you need it.
- Warm enough to crash on like a BIG Medium Thin to Medium. But not nearly as harsh as a heavy brutish A.
- One of the nicest sounding modern smooth and focused Zildjians you’ll hear.
- No issues. Overall very clean. Strong logos. Light patina. A beautiful cymbal that hasn’t been made in ten years.