NO LONGER MADE EARLY Zildjian K Custom STEVE GADD SESSION 18” Ride 2033 g CLEAN
Original price $369.99 - Original price $369.99
$369.99 - $369.99
Current price $369.99
- Here’s a beauty that was inspired by one of the greatest drummers to ever pick up sticks.
- And of course, that means Zildjian discontinued it….
- The Hard To Find Steve Gadd model K Custom Session 18” Ride.
- Super clean too!! Like really clean!
- Yes, its the more controlled 18” - modeled directly after his personal cymbals according to Zildjian. And this one has aged and mellowed 16 years.
- This beauty is nearly 17 years old making it a very early model!
- Here's what Zildjian has to say about the 20" version:
"The popular Session series is the culmination of several years work between Steve Gadd and the Zildjian Sound Lab to duplicate his classic and sought-after cymbal sound. 14" HiHats and 18" Ride were modeled directly after Steve's personal cymbals with the 16" and 18" Crashes representing Steve's favorite crash sounds."
- And that is accurate, but add in a sentence about the tone being more controlled by the 18" size.
- And this specific one is fairly dark and low-sounding. It could easily pass as a 20”. It’s low pitched for a Zildjian 18”.
- The weight is 2033 grams which makes its right on the middle weight wise for the series.
The bell is unhammered and solid as hell! The plain of the ride is unlathed but hammered. The finish is brilliant and in this case very brilliant and clean!
- What's nice about this particular 18" is that the pitch is not as high as you may expect. It's a great low pitch with the capacity to cut and has the body. It sounds a bit more mellow than the original K Custom.
- DRY. Surprisingly dark. Solid bell. Medium to Medium-low in pitch. Plays like a larger cymbal but has the control of an 18". Focused. Chime-like attack. Controlled sustain. Fairly quick decay.
- Perfect for absolutely any genre at any volume. As versatile as the man who inspired it.
- Amazing shape. No issues. Light patina. Aged 17 years. Strong logos. Clean.
- A felicitous tribute to one of the greatest.
- And an early model too!