Environmentally Conscious Sabian HHX OZONE Evolution Crash 18” 1163 g WHY PAY $450
Original price $329.99 - Original price $329.99
$329.99 - $329.99
Current price $329.99
- No where near $450! And it’s in perfect shape! Hand picked too - and it’s one of the thinner ones. Only 1163 grams.
- Perhaps this cymbal’s holey nature inspired Sabian to dedicate this beautiful 18" to the swiss-cheese-like layer of gas that shields us from the sun's hostile radiation.
- Who knew Sabian and Dave Weckl were so environmentally conscious and concerned for our epidermises.
- I've even read that the anemic ozone layer has bulked up in the past few years, perhaps due to this dynamic duo’s tireless lobbying and stalwart dedication to the atmospheric sciences.
- Regardless, this 18" HHX OZONE Crash is as thin as the gaseous layer above our heads.
- It weighs in at a lovely 1163 grams and plays like a PAPER THIN, Complex Crash. And also like our ozone umbrella, it is filled with holes. Factory produced holes, which the gas layer did not come with.
- And this 18" HHX Crash is as trashy as all the garbage that ruined the atmosphere in the first place. AND it's fairly DARK sounding. As dark as the tan we'll all get when that thin ozone layer disappears...
- The tone is that of a complex dark crash. It's a headturner.
- I can't help but wonder if Sabian's HHXOzone 18" is their attempt to look at mankind's relationship with nature in a positive light. Although the depletion of atmospheric gas spells impending doom for all of us, Sabian DID include this Ozonecymbal in their HHX series, hinting that mankind may prevail after all.
- Nice work Sabian. You've warned us about the fragility of our ecosystem and yet instilled in us a hope for our future here on earth. And all this while producing a wonderful cymbal born of metal from the stars.
- And it’s not $450 like a new stock photo one is. Most impressive.