ULTRA RARE 24” Vintage Zildjian ISTANBUL K 3692 g DARK DRY
Original price $3,499.99 - Original price $3,499.99
$3,499.99 - $3,499.99
Current price $3,499.99
- I’ll keep this one simple:
- If you want a signature sound, it’s starts here. And ends here.
- Massive 24” Vintage Zildjian Istanbul K.
- I’ve seen about 3 of these in the last 30 years. The wait pays off. It’s one of the rarest, most collectible cymbals I’ve ever encountered.
- This is the cymbal cymbal-makers have been trying to make for eons.
- Dark. Dry. Low. Organic. Brooding. Lower pitched with a unique, hand shaped bell that measures 6.5”.
- Even among Istanbul Ks this 24” stands above, it has an ineffable musicality. It’s just its own instrument and it’s a joy to explore.
- Stunning, striated, deep lathing patterns on the surface, very wavy Old World Hand Hammering gives this 2 foot beauty an intensely rippled surface.
- There’s no mistaking it.
- 3692 grams.
- Dark, chocolate brown half-century old patina matches the sound.
- No issues. Hand made. Glorious.
- Thinking of starting a cymbal company - start with this. It’s as nice a piece as you will ever see.
- This Zildjian Istanbul K 24” is to be celebrated for its history, cultural musical significance, artistry, and its sound.
- Forged in Turkey, it’s been making music for the last half-a-century and has much more to say.
- When perched on your kit, you don’t walk by…you sit down…and take one moment longer.