The First Sound Control? Vintage Sabian FLANGE RIDE Medium Heavy 20” 2159 g
Original price $279.99 - Original price $279.99
$279.99 - $279.99
Current price $279.99
- Wow!! Here’s a super rare Sabian….from the very first years of existence!
- The first Sound Control? Well pretty damn close! Look at the hammering on the edge of this FLANGE RIDE - hell it’s not even dubbed a “Sound Control” it’s before they even had that Series.
- Extremely Early Vintage Sabian - like 1981 or ‘82 Medium Heavy FLANGE RIDE 20” is fantastic condition.
- This rare beauty is from that tense time when Sabian was brand new to the scene and trying to usurp big brother - literally big brother - Armand Zildjian.
- And Sabian’s penchant for experimentation was apparent even way back then - it shows up on this 20”. They were working their asses off to be able to compete in the rapacious cymbal market.
- At 2159 grams this Flange Ride has a beautiful and unique hammered edge that indeed flanges upwards and mellows out this Vintage 20”. It’s like it borrowed a cup of PANG - there’s a light mellowness to this 20”.
- Generous rounded over bell gives way to a gentle curved profile. Terrific stick definition with a warmth and controlled brightness. Penetrating bell cuts a mix well.
- Extremely rare. Amazing shape for being 40 years old. A snapshot of cymbal history that’s an inspiration to play - for the tone and for what it represents!
- Very rare.